Saturday, July 26, 2014

eidul fitri

The end of ramadhan is nearing.

I am already missing this ramadhan.

Despite the hardships that some have to endure during this ramadhan.

Our dear brothers and sisters are fighting for their lives in Palestine.

I can't stand to see the videos. The corpse. The death toll.

I can't stand to see myself clad in extravagant outfit for Eidul Fitri knowing that others are suffering.

It has been fated that we purchased our affordable raya clothes in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are sticking to it with no extra "baju raya".

We do not see the point. We will be using them once. And no more. Why bother? Might as well donate the extra money to assist our brothers and sisters there.

I spoke to some of my students' parents and they told me how picky they are  about choosing raya clothes for their kids.

I chose a simple chiffon baju kurung for Reena which I found in the same shop I bought my plain abaya. It fitted her nicely and that was that.

Irman's was purchased at another shop selling adult and children's baju melayu.

Idros' was a steal at 2 for RM98.

I didn't get any shoes. (Just a longchamp handbag, but that was only because Bali was in Europe and the price was crazy good.)

And that is just about it. Not much. But it is meaningful to me as I managed to fast this year (I just gave birth the previous year).

And it felt great knowing we aren't spending much to celebrate eid.

Some of our future neighbours have received their HLE letters which means we will be collecting our keys soon.

And saving up for the house is far more important than splurging excessively for eid.

No comments: