Saturday, July 30, 2016

Organics

I have been having bad reactions to many things. Dishwashing liquid, floor detergents, body gel and so forth.

The skin on my hand acts up, cracks, dries and bleeds.

It is painful. Doctors suspected it to be eczema, which develops at THIS age. I only had sensitive skin to certain products with high use of chemical ingredients. But never eczema. On top of THIS, I have been having a BAD case  of hair fall. I have to vacuum my room and clear out the drain stopper DAILY to get rid of the hair fall. It is so bad. It looks like I just had a hair cut.

My children's skin are also rejecting the 'natural' shampoo and conditioner I bought.

The thing is, it is NOT that natural when you read the ingredients in each product. I find high chemical contents in each product. And our skin are not receptive of it.

One of them that you will find in MOST body and hair care products is

Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)

Also able to irritate skin and eyes, SLES is a close relative of SLS. But the larger issue here is that it is frequently contaminated by 1,4 dioxane, a byproduct of the ethylation oxide used to make harsh petrolum-based ingredients more gentle. 

Which is shocking. Would you use a product that is used to treat PETROLEUM? No wonder my skin is acting up like crazy. 

I saw a pair of Organic shampoo that looks promising. 

Avalon Organic Shampoo and Conditioner. Mine has  a nice peppermint scent (my favourite). 

It has no SLS or SLES. I checked. And re checked. I bought the Avalon Organic Itchy and Flaky Therapy Shampoo for Idros. 

The only thing they have that is CLOSE to SLS or SLES is the
Sodium Decylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate which is actually a natural sugar compound. 


This acts as a gentle cleanser. That is fine by me. Watsons was having a sale. Purchase of 2 of the Avalon products which entitles us to 1 free product. And it wasn't as expensive as the children's shampoo and bodywash. $13.90 for an Avalon Organic. Which is fine. 





Irman has been complaining of 'itchy hair' while Reena's hair is dry and tangly. 

I had to find alternatives. The last thing I want to use on our skin are unsafe chemicals. 

It is harsh on our pockets but it is SAFE. I have went back to what they have been using as babies. Buds Organics. This time for kids. I bought both shampoo and body wash. There are NO nasty chemicals found in the ingredients AT ALL. Perhaps that is why they cost more than my own shampoo. Sighs. 

Read the ingredients here : 


IngredientWhere it comes fromWhat it does
AquaWaterProduct Base
aloe barbadensis leaf juice*Aloe Vera plantSoothes and hydrates the scalp
decyl glucosideFermentation of corn sugarVery mild cleanser
sodium lauroyl glutamateAmeno acid of plant glutamic acidVery mild plant protene cleanser
xanthan gumCorn SugarThickens the product
PCA glyceryl oleatePlant IngredientHair conditioner
citrus dulcis (sweet orange) oil*OrangeTo fragrance the product
parfumEssential OilsTo fragrance the product
tocopherolWheat GermNatural Vit E to soften and smooth the hair
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oilSunflowerTo calm and care for the scalp
*Ingredients from Organic Farming

Parfum made from essential oils
99.4% of the total ingredients are from Natural Origin
10.1% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming
99.9% of the plant ingredients are from Organic Farming
Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to ECOCERT Standard available at http://cosmetics.ecocert.com

Let us read what is in our hair and body care products from now on. 

No comments: