Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Irman has been to school for a week and I am already feeling majorly exhausted.  But to see him eating well and being independent in an environment that is out of his comfort zone is a blessing.

Reena on the other hand is rejecting my hugs, kisses and attention whenever I got home with her brother in hand.

I have been observing her actions and believe that she might be feeling upset with the fact that I have not been dividing my attention fairly to her as well.

Reena now cries and wakes up in the middle of the night for me, and the current trend is for my mother.

I am trying my best to spend more time with her knowing that she needs it as much as her brother does. The problem is, Reena is not from the same school as her brother,  she is in Tampines taking the school bus back and forth. While her brother is in Toa Payoh,  the reason why I am picking him up from my centre, situated in Novena.

The journey from Irman's school to my parents' place is about an hour. By the time I reach home, it is already close to 8pm.

But nonetheless,  I must make time for Reena. No excuses. If I find this hard, I have to tell myself, it will be a hell lot harder in July when I officially start my Bachelor's Degree with University of Warwick.

I do not know how I will be juggling with work, study and kids. But I have to try. I do not want to push my studies further.

All of this made me realise the sacrifice of a mother,  a working mother at that.  We assist in bringing food to the table, assist in making end's meet. We are also the ones who care and educate the children despite our hectic schedule.

This is to all the hardworking mothers out there. If you feel that life is being hard on you, just look at the outcome of your sacrifice; your children.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.



No comments: