Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tom Yum Pasta

I have been experimenting (cooking) with various halal food.

I can't deny that this recipe is amazing and was destined to be read by an amateur like me.

I have made my own adjustments to the recipe as it was a little fuzzy to begin with.

Tom Yum Pasta (Spicy)

Cooking time: 15 minutes

1. Spaghetti
 2. 1/2 cup Seafood
3. 1 small slice of Galangal
4. 3 Chilli Padi
5. 1/4 cup of Mushroom
6. 1/4 cup Coconut milk
7. 20 Dried chilies (boiled and blended to a paste)
8. 1/2 Tsp. Salt
9. 2 Tsp. Salt (for boiling spaghetti)
10. 1/2 lime juice
11. Oil (for frying)
12.lemon grass
13. 4 Kafir leaves
14. Shrimp paste (belacan)
15. 1 chopped garlic
16. 2 chopped shallots  

 1. Boil spaghetti. Add 1-2 tsp. salt in boiling. When it’s cooked, add cold water and set aside.

2. Heat the pan, add oil, fry garlic, shallots, galangal and chili padi.

3. About 3 minutes later, fry chili paste, lemon grass, kaffir lime leave, mushroom and seafood. Followed by shrimp paste and spaghetti.

4.Fry to combine, then add lime. (optional)

I inserted 30 dried chilli and turned it into a paste and it's crazy spicy, so if you are not a "spicy" fan, reduce the number of dried chillies.  For the seafood, I used squids, fish cakes and crabsticks.

Happy trying.

No comments: