Thursday, June 26, 2014

Essential Oils

Irman has been having fever for 5 straight days. On top of that, he has been coughing with add-ons of runny nose and slight conjunctivitis. A combo. 

We visited the doctor and he was prescribed with medicines but honestly, there wasn't much recuperating going on.

I was scrolling down facebook news feeds and stumbled upon a lady who posted that her son has been unwell too, she applied essential oils via the diffuser and all over her son. She wrote down and I quote "after applying essential oils a couple of times, yesterday night after 1am, my helper and me was able to sleep peacefully."

I decided to try it out. Reena was also infected with the germs. She was feeling feverish at the point of time.

I read up on essential oils and its benefits in a facebook page :
https://m.facebook.com/younglivingwithlittle2belles?_rdr


It says to apply lavender essential oil to our fingers and massage the bony part of the eye to reduce conjunctivitis. I did not do this as I was afraid it might irritate Irman's eyes instead. But it also states that I can massage the essential oils onto the pressure point of his toes.



I googled further on pressure point on babies feet and found this.



It doesn't take a genius to figure out what I did next. I integrated both methods into one. I applied the lavender essential oil onto my fingertips and massaged Irman and Reena's toes. Followed by their Badger Chest Rub before putting on their socks. I personally like to read out duas or prayers as I massaged any part of my children's body while they're unwell :

Du’a (Prayer) for Healing

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


اَللَّهُمَّ اَنْتَ شَافِى

Allahumma Anta Shafi

O Allah thou art the Source of all Healing

لاَ شِفَاءَ إِلا شِفَاءُكَ

La Shifa a illa Shifa uka

There is no Healing except that which comes from Thee

شِفَاءً لا يُغَا دِرُ سَقَمًا
Shifa an La Yughadiru Saqaman
Grant us Healing that does not exclude any Ailment

On top of that, I used the air revitaliser in my room.



My mother has a collection of the Bio Sense air revitaliser concentrate. I took a liking of the "Eucalyptus and Peppermint" air revitaliser concentrate. I read that it eases breathing. I inserted that into the air revitaliser machine. My room is air conditioned so it assists in circulating the scent swiftly. And it smells amazing.



The next day, the children woke up with minimal runny nose, no fever and no conjunctivitis. Alhamdulillah.

Massaging children on their toes with the essential oils is also calming for them, Reena requests that I do it with her every night before she goes to bed eversince.

No harm trying with your little bub if they aren't feeling well.



No comments: