Sunday, May 17, 2015

BTO renovation Punggol Topaz Part 2

I have been cleaning the house today. 


We sent my children to my in-laws who kindly looked after them while I single-handedly cleaned the house (Idros left for work). 


I started with the masterbedroom first. Then did the toilets followed by the rest of the house. 
By the time I reached the living room, Owen's guests came to view my house (Owen's workmanship).
They were a nice young couple who kept complimenting my kicthen and (unknown to me) they told Owen that they liked my toilet tiles. 


I told Owen that in a few months time, when our fianances have stabilised, I am changing the bathroom doors to frosted glass door and the toilet tiles. It took me a long time to clean the toilet. The dark grey tiles make it harder for you to tell if it is dirt or just the colour of the tiles.


The bathroom doors that HDB provides are made out of wood. What happens when wood is constantly exposed to water? They sprout beautiful mushrooms. Taken from STOMP:


This will happen to my door soon. Before THAT happens, I am changing the door. 

I would love to get the 'wooden effect tiles' for my bathroom tiles. I-Bridge design's, (the interior desigining Company I have engaged) 2nd floor ladies bathroom has the exact tiles that I would love to have. Owen told me it is costly. So that calls for a few more months of saving. But it is gorgeous. 


Now, updates for the renovation. Basically almost everything is ready. Just the masterbedroom wallpaper installation as the feature wall. And the pendant lights for my dining room. Owen needs us to get the dining table. We will be heading to expo and find a suitable one. 

Amin, Idros' friend, came over to assist us. He was a great help. After I have cleaned the house, Amin came over with Idros and both of them unpacked all the major appliances and even placed them nicely to where they belong. 



The fridge is too... big? For my small kitchen. But I love it nonetheless.


            My small kitchen. Owen said this is the first time he tried totally black for a backsplash. But he and I both loved the result. 


 I used serai wangi, a cool Malaysian product to wash the floors with. It gives off a lemongrass smell and it eliminates insects due to the smell that it emits. I used dettol to clean my bathroom. 



 My maternal grandmother got me this rice cooker.



 Reena on the sofa bed that just arrived. My parents got me this. This sofa bed is supposed to be in the study room. But for the time being, (until we find a sofa that fits out budget nicely) we will use this one in the living room. 


 Reena watching the television which has been mounted up by Amin and Idros. Yeah!


 Up close and personal.


 Microwave that is beautiful but... small? Or is the opening too big? Oh well. 


 Fridge from another angle. 


IFan has already arrived. It suits our interior very niecly that we are planning to get another one for the dining room. 



 Supposed to be a full height and length shower screen. But I cut down my cost by opting for the half shower screen panel. Easier to clean too.


 Waterfall faucet.



 $8 towel rack and holder (shipping fee not included) from Taobao. I went to a bathroom fitting shop and they sell the towel racks at $71 each. 




The compartment-hidden mirror for the common bathroom and master bathroom. I do not need a vanity table in my room. Just dump everything in here :) 



Still bare. But feels much more like home now :)

No comments: